SPICEWOOD, TEXAS. Spicewood is a mile north of State Freeway 71 as well as nine miles southeast of Marble Falls in southeastern Burnet Region. It was possibly named for the spicewood wood on nearby Little Cypress Creek. A post workplace opened up at Spicewood in 1899 with James B. Pangle as postmaster.
Close-by areas, such as Corwin, Clover, as well as Rockvale in southerly Burnet County and Haynie Flat in western Travis Area, started using the Spicewood message workplace; as these little neighborhoods decreased in the late nineteenth as well as very early twentieth centuries, a lot of their citizens looked to Spicewood as the focus of neighborhood life. In 1919 Spicewood changed Rockvale as the official name of the neighborhood college district.
By the mid-1920s the area had regarding 100 residents; that number had climbed to 125 by 1933. Spicewood companies prospered when Ranch Roadway 93 (later on State Highway 71) was built through the area in the 1940s; numerous companies and also scattered residences marked the area on area highway maps during that time.
In 1949 the institution at Haynie Flat was combined with the Spicewood area; Spicewood consequently was combined with the Marble Falls Independent College Area in 1952. The population of Spicewood was up to 100 by 1970. It was reported as 110 from 1974 to 1990.